Join the Region 2 Public Health Training Center for their March Log-in2Learn live webinar. Detailed description to come.
After the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between nicotine product retail in communities, use behaviors, and inequities
- Describe the early impacts of a policy initiative to reduce tobacco retailer density in NYC
- Discuss the current landscape of product availability for newer classes of nicotine products across several US cities
Register in advance for this webinar: https://bit.ly/March2024L2L
Full Registration Link: https://columbiauniversity.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_jZ3u4bqARdal7GNyM3RbaA
This program has been approved for 1.0 Category I Continuing Education Credit for CHES/MCHES by the Rutgers School of Public Health. The Rutgers School of Public Health is a certified CHES/MCHES provider by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
This program has been approved for 1.0 Certified in Public Health (CPH) credit by the Region 2 Public Health Training Center. The Region 2 Public Health Training Center is a certified CPH provider by the National Board of Public Health Examiners.
Join the Region 2 Public Health Training Center for their 4-part webinar series: Finding a Job in a Health Department in New York or New Jersey. Heather Krasna, Associate Dean of Career and Professional Development at Columbia University School of Public Health will moderate panel discussions with health department staff on how to navigate the civil service hiring practices in NY & NJ state and local health departments and offer creative strategies.
After each webinar, participants will be able to:
- List two or three ways a resume or application materials should be created differently for the health department as compared to other employers.
- Discuss the civil service hiring process, including finding and registering for exams, how candidates are scored or rated, and how to maximize your chances of success.
- Describe the benefits of working in local or state governmental public health departments.
Intended Audience: Current students or recent graduates who are interested in finding a job at a state or local health department.
Registration required. There is a single registration for the entire series. During the registration process, you may choose which webinars you wish to attend.
Webinar Dates and Topics:
- February 27, 2024 – New Jersey Local Health Departments
- March 19, 2024 – New York Local Health Departments
- April 16, 2024 – New Jersey State Department of Health
- June 18, 2024 – New York State Department of Health
Register at: https://bit.ly/R2PHTC-Get-Hired-Series-2024 before February 27th, 2024 to participate.
Full Registration Link: https://columbiauniversity.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RJB5RRwGQlOO4zCwU7POTQ