Theme of the Month: Housing as an Intermediary Determinant of Health
Upcoming Log-in2Learn Webinars
Save the dates!
Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12-1pm ET
Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12-1pm ET
Further information will be available in the August Newsletter!
The Region 2 Public Health Training Center is offering a webinar series on topics related to
Public Health and Mental Emotional Behavioral Health
Save the Dates:
- Role of Behavioral Health in Medicaid Managed Care WED, September 14, 2016 2-3 pm ET
- Local Community Collaborations: WED October (TBD), 2016 2-3pm ET
Related to the Theme of the Month
from other organizations
- Housing and Health Care: A Toolkit for Building Partnerships – Guide for finding, building, and sustaining housing-health partnerships to improve health, safety and quality of life for low-income older adults facing multiple health and social challenges.
- Healthy Communities of Opportunity: An Equity Blueprint to Address America’s Housing Challenges – Report synthesizes how public health policymakers, fair housing supporters, and civil rights leaders can come together to fix the nation’s mounting health and housing problems. Explores the connections between housing and health in order to provide a foundation that can support policies to advance equity and describes how each of the stakeholders mentioned above can benefit.
- Urban Displacement Project – research and action initiative of UC Berkeley in collaboration with researchers at UCLA, community based organizations, regional planning agencies and the State of California’s Air Resources Board. The project aims to understand the nature of gentrification and displacement in the Bay Area. It focuses on creating tools to help communities identify the pressures surrounding them and take more effective action.
Thank you to those who joined us at NACCHO Annual 2016! Please be sure to check out our website for available training related to Health Disparities, Health Equity, and Social Determinants of Health