- Define nursing case management;
- Explain the minimal standards of care for case managing all students with asthma;
- Discuss criteria for intensifying case management in students with asthma;
- Identify specific modifiable risk factors in asthma;
- Describe specific interventions to modify risks and improve asthma mortality and morbidity.
Date: August 17, 2016
Reviewed June 30, 2020
Linda Moskin, MD, MPH & Anne Brennan, MS, RN, FNP
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s Office of School Health
This module (part 3 of a 4-part series) was developed with content experts in the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s Office of School Health. This learning module describes the four goals of case management and standards of care, when they should be intensified, how they can be applied to a school setting, and finally, how to build and maintain collaborations to improve health outcomes.