This module (part of a series) was developed with content experts in the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s Office of School Health. This learning module describes the four goals of case management and standards of care, when they should be intensified, how they can be applied to a school setting, and finally, how to build and maintain collaborations to improve health outcomes.
- Define nursing case management;
- Explain the minimal standards of care for case managing all students with asthma;
- Discuss criteria for intensifying case management in students with asthma;
- Identify specific modifiable risk factors in asthma;
- Describe specific interventions to modify risks and improve asthma mortality and morbidity.
Council on Linkages Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals (2014 Version)
- Primary Competency Domain: Community Dimensions of Practice Skills
- Specific competencies:
1A11, 3A6, 3A8, 5A2, 5A3, 5A5, 8B4
Click on the appropriate button to begin.
If you are employed by NYS or a local health department in NYS, we recommend that you register for this course through the NYS Department of Health Learning Management System (DOH LMS).