Sid and Helaine Lerner Professor of Public Health Promotion
Columbua University Mailman School of Public Health
Date: February 2, 2016
Recommended Pre-Webinar Reading:
- Comparative Effectiveness of a Faith-Based HIV Intervention for African American Women: Importance of Enhancing Religious Social Capital
- Why may faith-based HIV prevention programs in churches be more acceptable to African American women than HIV prevention programs conducted in more traditional public health venues?
- How can a CDC-defined evidence based intervention be used to create the curriculum of a faith-based HIV prevention program?
- Which key stakeholders should be involved when designing a faith-based HIV prevention program?
Council on Linkages Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals (2014 Version)
- Primary Competency Domain: Community Dimensions of Practice Skills
- Specific competencies:
3A4, 3B4, 3B8, 3C4, 4B1, 4B2, 4B4, 5B1, 5B2, 5B10, 5C11, 8B3
Click on the appropriate button to begin.
If you are employed by NYS or a local health department in NYS, we recommend that you register for this course through the NYS Department of Health Learning Management System (DOH LMS).