This module (part of a series) was developed with content experts in the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s Office of School Health. This learning module provides basic information on asthma including symptoms, effects, and risk factors.
- Define and describe the pathophysiology of asthma;
- Predict the physiological consequences of poorly controlled asthma;
- Explain the burden of asthma and the disparities in the impact of asthma by neighborhoods in New York City;
- Challenge at least 5 asthma myths.
Council on Linkages Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals (2014 Version)
- Primary Competency Domain: Analytic / Assessment skills
- Specific competencies:
1A1, 1A2, 1A10, 6A3, 6A4
Click on the appropriate button to begin.
If you are employed by NYS or a local health department in NYS, we recommend that you register for this course through the NYS Department of Health Learning Management System (DOH LMS).